The slightly more boring but very important stuff that you need to know. This page provides you with the information regarding your booking conditions. It’s worth a quick read.
- Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of the full payment or a deposit. The booking fee for activities, courses and events must be paid in full no later than seven days before the commencement date. The booking fee for expeditions and long weekends must be paid 6 weeks prior to departure. Once we have agreed to take a booking from a customer, the customer enters into a contract with Lake District Adventuring.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a paying parent or guardian throughout the booking to be able to participate.
Cancellation of your booking with Lake District Adventuring.
- After making your booking you have 48 hours to amend or cancel your booking. If you cancel within 48 hours you will receive a full refund minus a £25 admin charge.
- After the two-day period we may only provide a maximum refund of 50%, this is at Adventuring’s discretion. This includes altering the booking number of participants and the requested number of instructors. We strongly recommend you take out cancellation and curtailment insurance.
- Deposits for Adventure activities, Mountaineering skills courses, Rock climbing skills courses and Mountain navigation courses are non-refundable after 48 hours from booking.
- The booking fee is non-refundable once you make the booking.
Cancellation of the booking by Lake District Adventuring.
- In the event that Lake District Adventuring must cancel an event before the intended start date you will receive a full refund less the booking fee which is non-refundable
- In the case where we have to cancel a booking due to poor weather we will offer an alternative date or activity, but no refund will be given. We will always seek a viable alternative if possible.
- Adventuring will not be held responsible for other losses (accommodation, fuel costs, food, etc) that occurred due to the cancellation. Again, for this reason, we recommend you take out cancellation and curtailment insurance.
- Lake District Adventuring reserves the right to vary walks or events from the specification set out in the confirmation. This is most likely to be a weather-dependent action. We will aim to keep an event as true to the booking as possible.
- All bookings are made on the basis that customers will observe the safety instructions provided by Lake District Adventuring staff. To ignore these instructions, you do so at your own risk. The word of the instructor is final.
- Lake District Adventuring reserves the right to exclude customers from an event if they are not adequately prepared, not fit enough, or their actions will jeopardise their own, other customers, or the instructor’s safety. We also reserve the right to exclude a customer if their attitude is aggressive or offensive. If you leave an event part way through and you and the guide are happy with the action, then the guide’s duty of care over you ends there.
- Lake District Adventuring accepts no responsibility for customers’ personal property that may be lost or damaged during the event. This includes property left in the leader’s car during an event.
- Participation in adventurous activities entails some risk of injury and death. All staff employed by the company are trained and appropriately qualified to run the booking and will at all times proceed in a manner to limits the risk of injury. However, customers need to accept that accidents and injuries can happen. To participate in the event, you will need to read our disclosure of risk and sign the acknowledgement of risk.
- In the case where the organiser is not participating in the event, it is the organiser’s responsibility to pass on all information to the participants (kit list, terms and conditions, and event information). It is not the responsibility of Adventuring to do this.
- Provisional bookings will be held for 2 days only. After this period, Lake District Adventuring reserves the right to alter any previous quote provided. A provisional booking should not be interpreted as forming a contract between the parties.
- Lake District Adventuring’s responsibility for you on the event begins at the designated meet point on your event itinerary. Lake District Adventuring takes no responsibility for getting you to the beginning of the event.
- By signing and completing a booking payment, you consent to Lake District Adventuring using any media (including photographs and/or video footage) made of you during the event which may or may not encompass intellectual property rights belonging to you. These images may be used by Lake District Adventuring for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, websites, marketing material, and in the media. If you do not wish for your image to be used, you must inform Lake District Adventuring before the event.
- By completing the booking payment, you consent to your contact information being held by us. This information will not be passed on to third parties. Your information and that of your emergency contact will, however, be passed on to the appropriate Lake District Adventuring staff running the event. Lake District Adventuring will use your personal information to keep in touch by newsletter and email.
- If you are running late to a booking please try to contact the Adventuring office the instructor will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes it is not always possible for the instructor to contact you as we operate in remote areas where there if often no signal. After this time the instructor will leave and no refund will be given. If you are late to the booking then Lake District Adventuring staff or other representatives may not be able to give you your full allocated session time.
- Adventuring staff will try to take photos of your adventure during the session and these will be forwarded to you at a convenient time (this may not be the same day as your adventure in busier months) However, photos by the instructors are not guaranteed and are not included in the cost.
- By completing a booking, you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.
Cancellation of your booking due to covid 19
- If you or someone within your party test positive or are suspected to have covid 19 you must inform us immediately.
- If cancel due a covid COVID-19 you will be entitled to either a 50% refund of your total booking cost or a credit note for the full amount.
- Where your booking is using a member of the external Lake District Adventuring staff their wage will be deducted from the booking cost and the remaining will be refunded this is regardless of whether you take the credit note or not.
Please read the terms and conditions; on hiring our stand-up paddle boards
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult whilst taking part in paddle boarding and in eyesight at ALL TIMES
- Remember if you are on the lake it is deep and cold, even in the height of summer.
- The minimum age for a single stand-up paddle board is 10 years old.
- If children are too small to be adequately protected by our child buoyancy aids, they will not be allowed to participate. The final decision is made by Lake District Adventuring Ltd.
- All monies are to be paid in advance of the day of hire Payment is to be made via our website, BACS, cheque or credit/ debit card.
- Bookings cancelled by Lake District Adventuring because of poor weather given an alternative date if possible or offered a voucher valid for 24 months.
- Pregnant persons may not take part.
- When transporting the stand-up paddle boards to the water edge or portaging between locks you must carry them, not drag them.
- All participants must wear a buoyancy aid at all times whilst on the river or lake.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Car Park fees (if applicable) are not paid by Lake District Adventuring Ltd
- Anyone who appears under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed on our water sport equipment.
- The person who booked the trip (the “designated responsible adult”) must agree to these terms & conditions and must ensure that all of the party are aware of them.
- All customers will have to fill in our personal information form, which you will get once booked.
- Be considerate to all other lake/river users i.e.; fellow canoeists, powered boats, paddle boarders and kayakers.
- Only land at designated landing areas.
- No dog paddle boards.
- Take care of all equipment. Any loss or breakage to Lake District Adventuring Ltd equipment will have to be paid for, unless by fair wear and tear. We only charge at cost prices for damage.
- Any loss or breakage to a third party will have to be paid for by the customer, Lake District Adventuring Ltd.
- No Fishing allowed.
- Late return policy: In the event of a late return, a fee of £20 per hour, per board will be charged. This fee will be charged to the credit/debit card used during the booking process.
- Failure to return policy: In the event that the Paddleboards fail to be returned, you hereby provide authorization to Lake District Adventuring to charge the amount of £200 per Paddleboard to the credit/debit card used during the booking process. In the event that the initial charge attempt fails, Lake District Adventuring will make a second attempt to charge the card after a period of 24 hours. If this second attempt is unsuccessful, Lake District Adventuring reserves the right to initiate legal and criminal proceedings.
- DISCLAIMER: Lake District Adventuring Ltd will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of the hire of any items by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to the goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company, its servant or agent.
- Lake District Adventuring Ltd does not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You should be aware that any dry bags supplied by us are not guaranteed to be waterproof. Therefore, you should not rely on the dry bags that we supply to keep your property dry, and you accept that you are taking your personal property onto the river/lake at your own risk.